“Google will now help people find quality apps and games” – by Andrew Ahn, Product Manager, Google Play
Has Google Panda Algorithm been updated? YES
It all started in July when Google began rolling out Play Protect.
It is a feature part of Google Play designed to scan for apps that may cause harm to an Android device and give the user more information about their device’s security.
In a blog post by the product manager of google play on 3rd Aug 2017, Google has revealed that it has made some changes in how the company’s search and discovery algorithms work.
How Does Google Measure App Quality and Performance
Google uses machine learning to scan through 50 billion apps daily to identify quality and performance.
Reportedly, half of 1 Star reviews mentioned app stability. Such issues will now be taken into consideration to surface better apps to increase engagement.
It will now take into account :
- Google PlayStore Ranking and Reviews
- Crashes and Other performance issues recorded by google
- Battery usage of the app
- Quality of the app and its relevance to the target users.
Note for Entrepreneurs and Developers
- App quality and performance were never so important. Pushing products live without proper QA could taint your image and could permanently create ranking problems.
- Developers should start focusing on performance and quality issues.
- The pre-launch testing of your alpha or beta app is a must on popular physical devices so you can catch issues before launching updates.
- Ratings and reviews are accounted for additional insights related to app quality, directly from people using your app. Perform real-world usability testing to get real feedback for your UI/UX.
- Increase your App ranking by creating a relevant and accurate app.
Improve App Ranking in Google Play Store – Pre and Post-Launch
Pre-Launch testing provides vital information on usability, functionality, compatibility, and reliability with a perspective of the real-world conditions that the target audience will face.
One must perform Usability testing for prototyping your UX/UI. Understanding of target audience expectation is the key here.
For continuous improvement Post-launch, testing should be done before all the updates and releases.
Mostly, these activities are ignored until the vital problem occurs. Such practices are more dangerous now than ever.
Cost or Time? What’s your problem?
Our On-Demand QA services for startups aims to solve both the problem.
We provide a complete QA partnership with complete technical and market coverage to startups.
The time we take: 24 Hours to set up and bring results.
Money: As low as Rs 10,000 per cycle per platform.
CLICK HERE to talk to us or just visit our website Qualitrix.com